So, you’re in college now? Congratulations! You’ve just entered a whole new world, one full of freedom and fun. One thing is for sure: you will never be as free ever again as you are in college. Freedom from your parents, from schoolwork (sort of), from responsibilities and – most importantly – freedom to do whatever the heck you want when you want it. And what better way to exercise this freedom than having a dorm party with your new best friends? To help you get started on the right track, we have put together this ultimate dorm party guide that covers everything from food ideas to decorations, games, music and more!
The best way to start planning is by preparing a list of ideas for the college dorm party.
It’s the best way to start planning. You need a list of ideas for your college dorm party, a list for things you need to do before the party and a list for things you need to do after the party. And if there’s anything else that needs doing during it? Write that down too!
When throwing a college dorm party, it is crucial to take everyone’s opinion into account.
When throwing a college dorm party, it is crucial to take everyone’s opinion into account. Whether you’re deciding on a theme or where to get food, it is important that everyone has their voice heard and that their opinions are taken into consideration. You want to make sure people are having fun and enjoying themselves as much as possible so they don’t feel left out or ignored. If you want your party to go smoothly, make sure everyone feels welcome and included by asking them what they think of everything before making any decisions!
Read Also= 20 Tips For When You’re Feeling Lost In Life
Get On Your RA’s Good Side
As tempting as it may be to have a wild party, you’ll want to consult your RA before throwing one. The easiest way to get on their good side is by asking for permission. You can even ask for help if you need it! Just remember that your RA is there for a reason and respect them by following the rules of the house or dormitory.
Let Your Neighbors Know
It’s important to give your neighbors as much notice as possible, especially if you’re planning a big party. You don’t want them to be surprised by the noise or the traffic—and they might even wish they could be invited!
When it comes time to invite your neighbors over, don’t forget: Give them tickets so they can get into the event and consider offering them food or drinks for their troubles. For example, if you’re having an open bar at your party, consider offering some free drinks for those who come through your door first.
Your guests will appreciate it too!
Put Your Valuables Away!
You don’t want to come back to your dorm room to find that it is completely trashed and all of your precious belongings are gone. To avoid such a scenario, take these steps:
- Put away any valuables that you have lying around in plain sight. This includes any food items you may have brought with you (unless those foods are specifically for sharing). It also includes alcohol (if this applies) and anything else that someone might be tempted to swipe from the open space in your room. You can always share what’s yours with guests if they ask nicely, but try not to make it too convenient for them by leaving things out on tables or countertops where everyone can see them!
- Put away anything valuable in places where no one will think about looking for them when they enter the room. Perhaps put some items at the very bottom of some drawers or under beds (if possible). If you don’t have enough drawer space available then maybe hide some things inside bookshelves or closets—as long as they’re out of sight but still accessible if needed during an emergency situation like fire evacuation which requires leaving quickly without time for packing up before running out into danger together!
The main thing you should think about when hosting a college dorm party is the number of people who will be attending your event.
The main thing you should think about when hosting a college dorm party is the number of people who will be attending your event. There are many factors to take into account, including the space available, how much beer and food you need to purchase, and what games and decorations you’ll have on hand.
Knowing your guest list ahead of time will help ensure that everything goes smoothly with regard to planning out logistics such as these. You can use an Excel spreadsheet or even just pen-and-paper if it helps keep track of everything!
College Dorm Party Ideas: Themes
Having a theme is the key to any great party. You can be as creative or simple as you want, but either way it will make the party more memorable. You can have a theme for each room of the dorm, or just one overarching theme throughout.
Some ideas for themes include:
- Your favorite TV show or movie
- A specific season (Winter Wonderland, Back to School Bash)
- A specific song lyric (“Let’s Get Ready To Rhumble!”)
College Party Food and Drinks Ideas
There are a few things you need to make sure of when planning your college dorm party. First and foremost, ensure that you have enough food and drinks for everyone who’s going to be attending. It’s always a good idea to have a variety of snacks available so that everyone can find something they like, whether it’s sweet or salty, healthy or indulgent. Try to avoid serving anything messy because there will be enough spills on the floor as it is! Also remember that kids love pizza so think about including some in your menu as well!
Finally, make sure you have enough cups for everyone who comes along by buying plastic cups in bulk from Amazon or elsewhere online – otherwise those special guests won’t be able to enjoy their beverages properly!
What kind of games you can arrange at your college dorm party?
Games are a really important part of any college dorm party. They give everyone a chance to relax and have fun, but also offer a little bit of competition. The best games are ones that are fun and interactive, easy to set up and clean up, easy to play with a large group of people, but also played by small groups of people (like 2 or 3).
Here are some great ideas:
Ultimate Toss It
How To Play: Players stand in front of an open space like a living room or kitchen table with chairs on their side behind them. Players toss bean bags onto the chairs without knocking them over or dropping them in the process. If you want to make it more difficult add some rules like only using one hand at all times or making players stand closer together so there is less space between each chair for bean bags to land in!
Make a Bomb Spotify Playlist
If you’re planning to host a party, it’s essential that you have the right music. Your playlist can make or break your party experience. Here are some tips for creating a bomb Spotify playlist:
- Make sure that there are no explicit lyrics on the playlist (you don’t want to offend anyone).
- Select songs that are appropriate for your theme and will get people dancing! Try making two or three playlists based on different themes so people can choose which one they like best. If this isn’t possible, just try sticking with one theme and adding in songs from different genres. It should be upbeat and fun!
- The most important part of this process is making sure everyone knows all of the lyrics by heart before they arrive at your dorm room door 🙂
Make sure that you think thoroughly through every step of throwing a college dorm party since it will help avoid last-minute problems and inconveniences.
When you are throwing a college dorm party, it is important to think through every step of the process. This will help you avoid last-minute problems and inconveniences.
Moreover, it will also allow you to save time and money while making sure that everything goes according to plan. In addition, having a plan in place will be easier for your friends since they will know exactly what they need to bring along with them. This can make their lives so much easier!
Furthermore, if everyone knows what they should do at each stage of the party planning process then this means that everyone involved can focus solely on having fun rather than worrying about whether or not something has been forgotten or lost along the way – leaving plenty of room for enjoyment!
Dorm Party Games & Activities
With the right games and activities, you’ll ensure that your college dorm party is a success. Here are some of our favorites:
- The classic game of beer pong is super easy to set up. All you need are two tables and some cups (preferably plastic or paper). You can even make your own table by using two chairs as a stand for each side of the table.
- To make this game more interesting, try playing it with ping pong balls instead! This way everyone can play at once without having to wait for their turn with a ball in their hands. Instead of calling out “pong!”, players should yell “ping!”. It’s just as fun as beer pong but faster paced!
- Another great idea would be to get some LED glow sticks from Amazon and use them as drinking markers on one of those nights where people aren’t allowed back into campus after 10 pm…or when they’re just too drunk to remember where they live (no judgment here). Because these drink markers don’t tip over so easily either–and no one wants spilled drinks around when there’s still plenty left!
Never Have I Ever Drinking Game
Never Have I Ever is a drinking game that’s great for parties, especially when you’re in college. Players take turns picking a topic and then have to admit whether they’ve done it or not. The first person who says something they haven’t done takes a drink, though there are ways to make the game more interesting and fun!
First, let’s talk about how to play Never Have I Ever. Everyone sits in a circle with some drinks (we recommend wine). The player starts by saying “Never have I ever…” followed by any activity that you want everyone else in the group to do (example: “Never have I ever eaten an entire pizza myself”). Each person then takes turns admitting whether or not they’ve completed this activity before; whoever has done it must take a sip from their drink! You can also change things up by having people finish each other’s sentence instead of just answering yes or no. If someone finishes another person’s sentence incorrectly, that person drinks and gets punished with whatever punishment was stated before starting playing this game! This way everybody knows what they need
to avoid doing so no one gets hurt
Spin The Bottle
- Spin the Bottle
- Before you start, make sure that everyone understands the rules and variations of the game. It’s also a good idea to decide how many people can play at once.
- The number of players will determine how long it takes to play—the more players, the longer it takes because they each have to spin at least once before they can kiss someone else (or not).
- You’ll need two sturdy glasses or bottles (empty soda bottles work well) filled with water and some sort of flavoring like juice or Kool-Aid. The bottle spinning should be done with one hand while holding onto one end of a rope in your other hand; this helps keep things balanced and prevents accidents from happening too quickly!
College Party Decoration Ideas
Whether you’re a sophomore or a senior, throwing a party in your dorm room is an unforgettable experience. And if you do it right, it’ll also be one of the most memorable nights of your life. A lot of people think that throwing your own dorm room party is hard work—and it kind of is—but there are ways to make it easier on yourself and have more fun at the same time. Here are some tips:
- Decorate! Decorating for any type of party can be done with simple things like balloons, streamers and posters. Hang balloons from the ceiling or drape them over furniture so they look like curtains (this will help you feel less claustrophobic). Put up streamers along walls or across doorways to create separate rooms within your small space (not only will this help define areas where people can go but it’ll also make each space look bigger than they really are). Hang posters around the room so everyone knows what’s going on (posters don’t cost much at all!). You might even want to decorate with photos taken throughout high school because after graduation those moments will be gone forever!
1. Shitshow Tapestry
A Shitshow Tapestry is a fun way to decorate your dorm room. You can use it as a wall hanging or a tablecloth, and they are easy to make. It’s also a fun way to bring a little bit of home with you to college.
- Gather old clothes that have holes in them or are no longer wearable, but still have sentimental value.
- Start cutting up the fabric into squares that are about 8-10 inches wide, depending on how large you want your tapestry to be (you may need more than one person for this part).
- Lay out your pieces on the floor and start sewing them together using simple knots—don’t worry about being neat because nobody will see it! Once all of the pieces have been sewn together into one big piece (it’s okay if there are some loose ends), just hang it up!
It might be daunting to throw your first college party, but with a little planning and the right attitude, it’s sure to be a great time! Just make sure you clean up afterwards and try not to lose your room key.